Your care and support - How much will you have to pay
Care and support arranged by the Local Authority is chargeable from the first day of service, this calculator will give you an estimate of how much you will pay weekly towards your care, before your service begins.
The amount of money you will have to pay towards your care and support depends on a number of factors.
Once your care and support needs have been established, a personal budget will identify the amount needed to pay for those needs. A financial assessment which will be carried out which will identify the contribution you will make.
The rates and charges are updated periodically.
Download the Your social care and support - how much will you have to pay leaflet for more information.
Download the latest rates and charges.
Care contribution estimator
Use our online care contribution estimator to see how much you are likely to be asked to contribute towards your care and support.
We hope this estimator will help you to plan your budget.
Any contribution that you need to pay is chargeable from day one of receiving the service.
- using this care contribution estimator is completely anonymous, you will not be asked for any information to identify yourself
- you can view the completed form as a PDF file to save it or print it by clicking the ‘view form’ button on the last page
Please Do Not select the submit button after completing the form as we are currently unable to receive information via this link.
Before you begin
You may want to ask for help from a relative or other suitable representative. You'll be asked to provide the following information.
- about you - whether you are a home owner, have a spouse, civil partner or live with someone
- your savings and money in your accounts - this is the total of all bank and building society accounts you have, including current accounts, it also includes any other savings or investments such as Post Office Savings, shares, ISAs, Premium Bonds, etc.
- Where savings are jointly held you should only consider your share of them
- your income
- your weekly expenditure, e.g. if you receive care in your own home, e.g. mortgage or rent, buildings insurance, Council Tax
How to provide your figures
Please ensure that any figures are entered as 00.00 only.
e.g. 15160.50 or 10.00 would be correct.
Please do not use commas, dashes or £