rating button
Transfer to another council house in Birmingham | Move to another council house | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

Transfer to another council house in Birmingham

If you are Birmingham City Council tenant and would like to apply to move into another Birmingham council home, this is called a “transfer”.

To apply to transfer you need to submit a new Housing Application Form.

You may find it difficult to transfer if you haven’t kept to the conditions of your tenancy, for example if your rent is overdue.

You could also consider swapping council homes with someone.

Move to a smaller home

Over time, some people find that their council home has become too big for them. You may feel a smaller home would be easier for you to look after and cheaper to keep warm. 

The Wise Move team can provide practical and financial support for tenants moving to a smaller home