rating button
How we can help | Move to a smaller council home | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

How we can help

Over time, some people find that their home has become too big for them. You may feel a smaller home would be easier for you to look after and cheaper to heat. 

The Wise Move team helps council tenants who want to move from a house or maisonette with three or more bedrooms to a smaller home.

Depending on your circumstances, we can help:

  • organise your move
  • get your gas and electricity reconnected
  • decorate
  • make small adaptations to your new home, such as grab rails and bath rails

We can also provide a support worker to help with your move.

You may also want to consider moving into sheltered housing.

To find out more, download our Wise Move leaflet or contact us.

Before the Wise Move team can help you, you need to find a smaller home to move to.