Contents insurance for council tenants and leaseholders
We’ve worked with Royal & Sun Alliance to create a contents insurance scheme that's just for council tenants and leaseholders.
It costs from £0.83 a week and has these benefits:
- the option to pay for the insurance weekly, monthly or yearly
- no excess payable on any claim
- no minimum security requirements
- fast and efficient claims service
- new for old cover (except for household linen and clothing where an allowance is made for wear and tear).
You will be covered for:
- fire, lightening, explosion, storm or flood
- escape of water and/or oil from any fixed water or heating installation
- theft or attempted theft
- riot or vandalism
- accidental damage to TVs, videos, mirrors and fixed glass in furniture
- freezer contents
- personal money in the home
- theft and loss of keys
- damage to interior decorations
- accidental death cover.
How to apply
If you're interested in taking out contents insurance with Royal & Sun Alliance, you can do this by calling 03456 718 172 to make an application over the telephone.
If you prefer you can fill in the contents insurance application form. Send your application to: Ryan Direct Group, Quaypoint, Lakeside Boulevard, Doncaster, DN4 5PL or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.