Contents insurance for council tenants and leaseholders

We’ve worked with Royal & Sun Alliance to create a contents insurance scheme that's just for council tenants and leaseholders.

It costs from £0.83 a week and has these benefits:

  • the option to pay for the insurance weekly, monthly or yearly
  • no excess payable on any claim
  • no minimum security requirements
  • fast and efficient claims service
  • new for old cover (except for household linen and clothing where an allowance is made for wear and tear).

You will be covered for:

  • fire, lightening, explosion, storm or flood
  • escape of water and/or oil from any fixed water or heating installation
  • theft or attempted theft
  • riot or vandalism
  • accidental damage to TVs, videos, mirrors and fixed glass in furniture
  • freezer contents
  • personal money in the home
  • theft and loss of keys
  • damage to interior decorations
  • accidental death cover.

How to apply

If you're interested in taking out contents insurance with Royal & Sun Alliance, call 03456 718 172.

If you prefer you can fill in the contents insurance application form and send it to: Ryan Direct Group, Quaypoint, Lakeside Boulevard, Doncaster, DN4 5PL or email it to