Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice, visit our budget information page

Assigning a tenancy

If you have been living in the property for 12 months and have a secure tenancy, you may be able to transfer your tenancy (assign) to someone who would be entitled to succeed on your death.

A tenancy can sometimes be assigned by order of a court to a partner or child.

Shelter has more information on assigning a tenancy.

Page last updated: 29 May 2023

rating button