Reorganisation Order and additional precept for the town council
The legal document that sets out how the new town council will be set up, and how it will operate, the Reorganisation Order, was approved by the city council’s Council Business Management Committee in December 2015.
This order sets out the area covered by the town council, the date on which came into effect, the electoral arrangements, the date of the first elections, and arrangements for an interim council to be in place from when the order came into force on 1 March 2016 until the election on 5 May 2016.
The transfer of any land, property rights, liabilities and services from the city council to the town council will be considered over time rather than rushing to make these decisions before the town council is up and running.
The order set out the budget requirement for the town which was based on the national average of £50 per band D property, multiplied by the number of Band D equivalent properties in Sutton Coldfield at the time of the order.
Based on the tax base (that is, the number of band D equivalent properties) for the financial year 2016 to 2017, householders in the Sutton Coldfield parliamentary constituency will be charged an additional ‘precept’ for the town council on top of their council tax. The amount payable for the financial year 2016 to 2017 is as follows:
- Council tax band A: £33.31
- Council tax band B: £38.86
- Council tax band C: £44.41
- Council tax band D: £49.96
- Council tax band E: £61.06
- Council tax band F: £72.16
- Council tax band G: £88.27
- Council tax band H: £99.92
You can download the Reorganisation order below.
A consultation on draft proposals for the Reorganisation order was held before it was approved. You can download a report on the survey, and a report on the forum that was held in Sutton Coldfield Town Hall on 1 December 2015 to discuss the proposals, below.
- Sutton Coldfield Parish Council Code of Conduct May 2016
- Sutton Coldfield Parish Council SCPC Model Standing Orders May 2016
- Sutton Coldfield Parish Council Budget 2016
- Sutton Coldfield Parish Council SCPC Financial Regulations May 2016
- Birmingham City Council Reorganisation of Community Governance Order 2016
- Birmingham City Council Reorganisation of Community Governance Order 2015
- Map referred to in Reorganisation of Community Governance Order
- Consultation on Draft Reorganisation Order
- Draft Reorganisation Order Report on People’s Panel Discussion
- Draft Reorganisation Order Survey Report on Responses
- Community Governance Review Statute of Recommendations