Express an interest in managing a local authority service
The Community Right to Challenge scheme allows groups to bid to run all or part of a local authority service, where they believe they can do so differently and better. Most of our services are open to the scheme.
Groups that can apply to run a service under the scheme include:
- Voluntary and community groups
- Parish groups
- Groups of 2 or more employees of a ‘relevant authority’, such as the local council, and fire and rescue authorities
- Another person or body specified by the Secretary of State by regulation.
If you’re part of one of the groups listed above and are interested in running a service, you must let us know by sending us an expression of interest form. You can do this by completing and returning a Community Right to Challenge Form. Once we have your completed form we will then decide whether to:
- Accept it
- Ask you to update it
- Reject it
This process can take up to 6 months.
We will only consider expressions of interest:
- From April to June, for services that we currently deliver
- For a 3-month period, 9 to 12 months before the end of an existing contract, for services delivered on our behalf by another organisation.