All other exemptions and discounts

If you need further information or believe you should qualify for an exemption or discount that is not detailed here, contact the Council Tax team as below.

Property solely occupied by people under 18

Carers and people being cared for

Hostels and night shelters for homeless people


Members of religious communities

People in prison and other forms of detention

People with diplomatic immunity or in the military

If you are a diplomat or have diplomatic immunity your main residence may be exempt from Council Tax. You may need to provide copies of your passport or diplomatic visa as part of your application. If you a member of a visiting military force, you may also be exempt.

To apply for this exemption, contact the Council Tax team.

rating button