Waste dispute resolution

Return to weekly household waste collections. Find out more – including your collection day

Run a business from home

You may need separate insurance to run a business from home and you’ll need to check if you have to pay business rates.

To run a business from your home, you may also need:

  • permission from your mortgage provider or landlord
  • planning permission - check whether you might need planning permission
  • permission from Birmingham City Council, for example if you’re going to get lots of customers or deliveries or if you need a licence to run your business

Find out more about running a business from home on GOV.UK.

If someone is causing a nuisance by running a business from home, you can report it to us.

rating button