rating button
How to apply | Help with the cost of adapting your home | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

How to apply

If you want to be considered for a Disabled Facilities Grant, we'll arrange for an occupational therapist to visit your home and assess your needs. If the Occupational Therapist thinks you need our help to become more independent, we'll contact you to let you know what support is available.

To ask about an assessment, call us on 0121 303 1234.

If you qualify for a grant, we can help you with the rest of the process. For example, we can help you fill in forms, and help you design, organise, and arrange payment for the changes to your home.

If you want to appoint your own contractor and apply directly for a Disabled Facilities Grant, you will still need to be assessed by an occupational therapist. For an application form and further information, please contact us on 0121 303 5870.