What are care and support needs?
Safeguarding adults is about stopping or preventing abuse or neglect of adults with care and support needs.
Adults with care and support needs are age 18 and over and may:
- have a learning disability
- have a mental health need or dementia or a personality disorder
- have a long or short term illness
- have an addiction to a substance or alcohol; or
- be elderly and frail due to ill health, disability or ill mental health
More information about safeguarding adults can be found at www.bsab.org