Places for the Future - Draft Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The Places for the Future Supplementary Planning Document has been drafted to provide detailed guidance for future development and investment in Birmingham, with particular emphasis on safeguarding our resources for future generations.
The SPD's specific objectives are to
- set out how national and strategic policy will be interpreted in detail in Birmingham’s development
- identify the elements of sustainable development which all future developments must consider
- provide detailed guidance on these elements
- ensure the City meets its agreed carbon reduction targets
- ensure the City adapts to future climate change
- ensure the City’s overall natural environment, biodiversity, ecology and historical heritage are nurtured and maintained
It is written to support the Sustainable Development policies of the draft Birmingham Development Plan and the key outcomes of the Birmingham Sustainable Community Strategy 2026.
We asked for your comments on this document in February / March 2012 and these can be viewed by following the link below. We are now amending the document in the light of comments made and we hope to adopted the document later this year.
The document is to be renamed 'Your Green & Healthy City' to better reflect its content and the final version will be published on this page in due course. However, the document has been put on hold while the examination into the Birmingham Development Plan is completed.
Document Status : Draft Policy Document - Consultation responses under consideration
Last Updated : 21st July 2014