Places for the Future - Draft Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The Places for the Future Supplementary Planning Document has been drafted to provide detailed guidance for future development and investment in Birmingham, with particular emphasis on safeguarding our resources for future generations.
The SPD's specific objectives are to
- set out how national and strategic policy will be interpreted in detail in Birmingham’s development
- identify the elements of sustainable development which all future developments must consider
- provide detailed guidance on these elements
- ensure the City meets its agreed carbon reduction targets
- ensure the City adapts to future climate change
- ensure the City’s overall natural environment, biodiversity, ecology and historical heritage are nurtured and maintained
We asked for your comments on this document in February / March 2012. You can view these comments by following the link below. We are now considering the comments received to help us decide which proposals to take forward. The document may also be amended in the light of the comments, where appropriate. It is anticipated the document will be adopted later this year.
Document Status : Draft - consultation responses under consideration.
Last Updated : 23rd March 2012