rating button
Apply for a charitable street collection permit | Birmingham City Council

Apply for a charitable street collection permit

If you want to collect money for charity in a public place, whether it’s by collecting donations or selling goods, you must have a permit first. Applying for a permit is free.

Please read through the guidance notes in the application form before submitting your application.

Apply Online

Apply online for a Charitable Street Collection Permit

Apply by email

To apply by email, complete the downloadable application form with a scan of your signature and email it to licensing@birmingham.gov.uk.

Permit restrictions

When you have your permit you must not:

  • collect money in subways, pedestrian underpasses or on the Pallasades ramp
  • collect money in any privately controlled shopping area (the Bullring, Fort Shopping Park, One Stop Perry Barr, etc) without permission from their management
  • claim for travel expenses from your collection money
  • collect money in Centenary Square, Colmore Square or Victoria Square (please contact City Centre Operations for permission on 0121 675 3626 or citycentre@birmingham.gov.uk)
  • collect direct debit pledges without our permission (email licensing@birmingham.gov.uk)