Apply for a charitable street collection permit
If you want to collect money for charity in a public place, whether it’s by collecting donations or selling goods, you must have a permit first. Applying for a permit is free.
Please read through the guidance notes in the application form before submitting your application.
Apply by email
When you have your permit you must not:
- collect money in subways, pedestrian underpasses or on the Pallasades ramp
- collect money in any privately controlled shopping area (the Bullring, Fort Shopping Park, One Stop Perry Barr, etc) without permission from their management
- claim for travel expenses from your collection money
- collect money in Centenary Square, Colmore Square or Victoria Square (please contact City Centre Operations for permission on 0121 675 3626 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- collect direct debit pledges without our permission (email email@example.com)