Apply for a charitable street collection permit
We are now inviting applications for charitable street collections to be held in areas of Birmingham during 2023.
Each year we request that street collection applications for the following year are sent to this office by 1 November.
Charitable Street Collection Permit Application 2023
If you want to collect money for charity in a public place, whether it’s by collecting donations or selling goods, you must have a permit first. Applying for a permit is free.
Please read through the guidance notes in the application form before submitting your application.
Apply online for a Charitable Street Collection Permit
Apply by email
To apply by email, complete the downloadable application form with a scan of your signature and email it to email@example.com.
When you have your permit you must not:
- collect money in subways, pedestrian underpasses or on the Pallasades ramp
- collect money in any privately controlled shopping area (the Bullring, Fort Shopping Park, One Stop Perry Barr, etc) without permission from their management
- claim for travel expenses from your collection money
- collect money in Centenary Square, Colmore Square or Victoria Square (please contact City Centre Operations for permission on 0121 675 3626 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- collect direct debit pledges without our permission (email email@example.com)