BSL interpreting service for Deaf people
Birmingham City Council is delighted to launch a new partnership with SignVideo.
Deaf people can now call the Council's Contact Centre in British Sign Language with SignVideo.
Contact Birmingham City Council using BSL with SignVideo
SignVideo service is available:
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
How SignVideo works
You’ll be connected to a registered BSL interpreter. They’ll confirm you’re calling Birmingham City Council and will start the conversation in BSL.
- a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a webcam
- access to the internet - you'll need bandwidth of at least 512 kbps upload and download
- choose ‘Contact Birmingham City Council using BSL with SignVideo’ to make a call from your device.
Watch a video on how to use SignVideo
System requirements - What you'll need to be able to use SignVideo
Before using SignVideo Live, you'll need these basic requirements as a minimum.
You’ll need to use the latest version of one of the following browsers:
- SignVideo Live will not work in Internet Explorer (IE)
You’ll need a computer, smartphone or tablet with one of the following operating systems:
- iOS: 11 or above
- Android: 4.4 or above
- Download the SignVideo App for your device
For troubleshooting and technical guidance, please email email@example.com or call 020 338 80771.