BSL interpreting service for Deaf people
Birmingham City Council is delighted to launch a new partnership with SignVideo.
Deaf people can now call the Council's Contact Centre in British Sign Language with SignVideo.
SignVideo service is available:
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
How SignVideo works
You’ll be connected to a registered BSL interpreter. They’ll confirm you’re calling Birmingham City Council and will start the conversation in BSL.
- a computer, smartphone, or tablet with a webcam
- access to the internet - you'll need bandwidth of at least 512 kbps upload and download
- choose ‘Contact Birmingham City Council using BSL with SignVideo’ to make a call from your device.
Watch a video on how to use SignVideo
System requirements - What you'll need to be able to use SignVideo
Before using SignVideo Live, you'll need these basic requirements as a minimum.
You’ll need to use the latest version of one of the following browsers:
- SignVideo Live will not work in Internet Explorer (IE)
You’ll need a computer, smartphone or tablet with one of the following operating systems:
- iOS: 11 or above
- Android: 4.4 or above
- Download the SignVideo App for your device
For troubleshooting and technical guidance, please email email@example.com or call 020 338 80771.