Parking irresponsibly across a dropped kerb or double parking will result in a hefty fine. New powers under the Traffic Management Act were introduced in June 2009 and will be applied in Birmingham from 1st September 2009.More information.
Birmingham City Council has responsibility for the enforcement of the City's parking regulations. This is part of the Government's scheme for the decriminalisation of parking offences. As a result there is a new team of Civil Enforcement Officers on Birmingham's streets.
Keeping Birmingham Moving
Illegal parking creates problems for all road users by enforcing parking regulations we aim to:
- Encourage sensible and safe parking.
- Reduce congestion (badly parked vehicles slow down other road users including the emergency services and buses).
- Make the roads safer for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
- Allow buses to operate more effectively.
- Allow the Police to devote more resources to tackling crime.
- Improve the environment.
There are more parking attendants, all with the latest technology for recording contraventions. If you park in the wrong place, or for the wrong period, you're more likely to get a ticket.