Occupational Therapy Service for Adults
What does an occupational therapist do?
An occupational therapist will complete an assessment with you. They will try to understand your health conditions and how they impact your daily life.
The occupational therapist can provide you with advice and equipment to improve how you:
- complete chair, bed or toilet transfers
- access your property
- mobilise on the stairs
- prepare drinks, meals and snacks
- access your current bathing facilities
The assessment may also cover:
- your eligibility for adaptations to be made to your home
- giving you advice and information about other services
This service is aimed at Birmingham residents over the age of 18.
Applying for an occupational therapy assessment
You can make a referral for an occupational therapy assessment on our website.
You can also:
- contact the Occupational Therapy Team to make a referral on 0121 303 1234 option 1
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- drop into one of our Occupational Therapy Clinics in the Community
Page last updated: 7 March 2023