The charter is a voluntary code which faith settings can adhere to and aims to give confidence to everyone that the place of worship is following all appropriate measures to make the premises Covid safe and reassure the community that all the relevant legislation and guidance have been met.
The place of worship would adopt the requirements (as set out below) for that charter to ensure robust and safe guidelines are followed to ensure a COVID-19 compliant premises;
The following will be the requirement for the faith setting to achieve charter status
- A COVID-19 risk assessment
- COVID-19 safety signage is displayed
- A system is in place for checking Covid-19 symptoms of worshippers and faith workers
- A cleaning regime is in place
- Hand washing facilities are available
- Steps taken to maintain a 2 metre distance; and where that’s not possible the business has implemented risk mitigation
- Staff are wearing adequate PPE
- All attendees are wearing a face covering
- A contact tracing system is in place to collect the details of customers and visitors
- Internal early outbreak management procedure
Environmental Health and Public Health can support you in achieving the charter requirements, so please contact us at: EHCovidEnquiries@birmingham.gov.uk
Support can be provided via meetings, visits and the sharing of the faith settings toolkit to help faith settings meet these requirements.
Our main aim is to support, enable and educate all places of worship to be a Covid complaint premises.
You may also qualify for a free Covid bundle to support you meet the requirements.