North locality is made up of Erdington and Sutton Coldfield constituencies.
- In 2017 the total population of North locality was 198,000 people. 31% of the population are aged under 25 years, 18% of the population are aged 65 years or older.
- The 2011 census showed that 19% of this area’s population are made up of BAME groups (15% England).
- Life expectancy in North locality is lower than the national average. For males life expectancy at birth is 78.3 years (England 79.5) and females 82.9 years (England 83.1).
- Alcoholic liver disease is the main cause of early death in this area.
- Hospital admissions for alcohol related conditions are significantly higher than the Birmingham and national rates.
- Highest prevalence of cancer of all Birmingham localities.
North locality is made of 2 constituencies:
- Download the full profile for Erdington constituency
- Download the full profile for Sutton Coldfield constituency
Birmingham Public Health have produced health inequality infographics for each of Birmingham’s 69 wards:
- Download infographics for wards within Erdington constituency
- Download infographics for wards within Sutton Coldfield constituency
Public Health reports for smaller area geographies such as wards and MSOA are available using Public Health England’s Local Health web tool.