Under the Health and Social Care Act 2012 the composition of Board must include:
- The Leader of the Council or their nominated representative to act as Chair of the Board
- The Strategic Director of Adults and Communities Directorate
- The Strategic Director of Children Young People and Families Directorate
- Nominated Representatives of each Clinical Commissioning Group in Birmingham
- The Joint Director of Public Health
- Nominated Representative of Healthwatch Birmingham
Each Local Authority may appoint additional Board Members as agreed by the Leader of the Council or their nominated representative. If additional appointments are made, these will be reported to Cabinet by the Chair of the Board.
For the Board to be quorate, at least one third of Board Members and at least one Elected Member must be present. Members of the Board will be able to send substitutes with prior agreement of the Chair
Information on committee members from 2014 onwards can be viewed online.