I can't see any roadworks on the map
You can view more information on the roadworks map by changing the following settings:
- to change the date range in the top right-hand box (the options are 2 weeks (default), 3 months or 12 months).
- to display roadworks symbols, type the postcode or location of roadworks into the search box (under the date range) or zoom in to the area of Birmingham you wish to view. Alternatively, if you are already zoomed in, zoom out to view entire road to display roadworks symbols.
- to view information about roadworks, click on the symbols. To find out what the symbols mean, view the key in the Elgin map help guide
The dates for roadworks keep changing
Work can be delayed for a number of reasons, including:
- adverse weather
- availability of crews
- sudden emergency works elsewhere
- availability of, or problems with, machinery
The works haven’t started on time
The dates shown in the information pop out on the roadworks map are often for the duration of the permit and not necessarily how long the works will take, e.g. a permit may be for three days when the works will only take one. This is to allow for flexibility.
Work can be delayed for the reasons shown above.
Access to your drive/road during works
Access during works will depend on the type of works being carried out and on the different stages of the works. You can speak to the team on site to ask them if you need access at a specific time, and to find out if this is possible.
If you haven't been able to find the information you need or want to provide feedback, you can contact us using our online Highways General Enquiry form.
Please select the type of enquiry that you want from the list in the form, and type in the text field to tell us about your enquiry.