Doing business with the council and tender opportunities
How to tender and win business
Birmingham Council spends millions of pounds on the procurement of work, supplies and services each year, with a diverse local supply market (of all sizes), offering a wide range of commercial opportunities.
The council have put together a presentation that aims to help all potential tenderers wanting to work with Birmingham City Council. It includes the following:
- Our vision, priorities and procurement objectives
- How to find out about our work opportunities
- How to bid for work
- How we evaluate and our awards process
- Contract management and transparency
- Checklist to help you
- Contacts if you need any further information
We want our procurement (buying) processes to be as clear and useful as possible. To help, we advertise any contract opportunities for goods and services:
- worth more than £10,000 on the Find it in Birmingham website
- worth more than £25,000 on the Find in Birmingham website, Contracts Finder and the 'Find a Tender' page on the government's website.
All contract opportunities worth more than £10,000 are processed through the Birmingham City Council's etendering portal.
We make sure that everything we do supports our policies. This helps to make things better for Birmingham’s citizens.
If you have any questions or need advice email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on procurement please go to www.birmingham.gov.uk/doing-business