Employment Access Team: support for employers and jobseekers
The Employment Access Team provides a fully funded recruitment service for Businesses and Birmingham residents.
What we do?
- Work with the Council’s corporate suppliers and partners to help ensure local people benefit from the jobs, training, and work experience opportunities created
- Network with employers to capture jobs, apprenticeships, and work experience opportunities for unemployed Birmingham residents
- Provide a free brokerage service
- Work with colleges and training providers to develop and promote bespoke training courses as a route into opportunities
We work with employers to understand their training and recruitment needs. Following this, we devise a package of bespoke support for each employer to fulfil opportunities.
This could include:
- Vacancy promotion
- Applicant screening support
- Introduction to local skills providers
We work with unemployed residents of Birmingham to ensure they are aware of and have access to:
- Local employment opportunities including jobs, apprenticeships, and work experience
- Relevant training and development pathways
- Referral to employability services
The Employment Access Team is also currently supporting delivering to European Union-funded project Youth Promise Plus, helping to connect local unemployed citizens aged 16-29 into employment.
To provide the best services we welcome any feedback, including comments, compliments, and complaints.