What happens at a Planning Committee meeting
- You can download a copy of the agenda and access the meeting online.
- If you have collaborated with others, or if there are other people who wish to speak on the same application as you, it will be recommended to choose a spokesperson to represent all of you.
- The meeting is divided into sections dealing with the different areas of the city.
- A planning officer will introduce each application, and give any update to the written report on the agenda.
- Objectors are allowed to speak for a total of 3 minutes per application. This is in total, regardless of the number of people who wish to speak.
- Applicants, agents and supporters are also allowed a total of 3 minutes to speak.
- Planning officers may make comments on the points raised by speakers, and then the Committee members will discuss the application and decide whether or not to grant permission.
- Sometimes applications are deferred to allow the Committee to find out more information.