rating button
Overview | What happens if I don't pay my rent? | Birmingham City Council


If you are falling behind with your rent payments help is available.  It could save you from putting your home at risk.

Call the Rent Service on 0121 675 2006 and to find out about:

  • How you can access independent debt advice on your money worries
  • Ask about different ways to pay
  • Get a range of other support.

Acting quickly shows a commitment to paying your rent and the legal action to collect your rent debt may not be needed.

For free impartial you can visit The Money Advice Service.