School attendance and absence
Parents must make sure their children get a full-time education that meets their needs. This can be at school or at home (home education). If they’re not getting a full-time education, and there isn’t a good reason why they’re not, parents can be prosecuted or may have to pay a fine.
The Council works to find all school-aged children who are not in education or on a school register. Once they’ve found them, they’re placed in a mainstream school or an appropriate place of education. Where needed, the Council will also put them in touch with local support networks and organisations.
- Absence Code of Conduct 2017
- Step-by-Step Guide: Leave in Term Time (Penalty Notice) Process
- Guidance on removal (deletion) from roll – September 2016 (Amended)
- LD1 Request for leave refused: Letter to be used for Leave in term time (Penalty notice) process where parents have applied for leave but the leave has not been authorised
- LD2 Leave taken: Letter to be used for Leave in term time (Penalty notice) process where the parent has spoken to the Head Teacher, or has not completed the application form, or has not returned from leave on the dates agreed