Comments, compliments and complaints about adult social care services
Your views and experiences of adult social care services in Birmingham are important to us because we want to give you the best services we can. By listening to you we can find out how well we're doing and learn how to continue to improve the services we offer. To make a comment, compliment or complaint about another Birmingham City Council service, please visit the Your Views page.
- Comments: Giving us your ideas or suggestions on how we may improve our Adult Social Care services.
- Compliments: Letting us know when our staff or services have done a good job and we get things right.
- Complaints: Telling us when something has gone wrong, or you are dissatisfied so we can try to put things right and improve our services for the future.
Please use the link below, where you can make a comment, compliment or complaint about the adult social care services we provide.
Or you can:
- phone us on 0121 303 5161 (option 1)
- write to us at the address below; or
- download our Adults social care: Comments, compliments and complaints leaflet for more information
Who can make a complaint?
You can make a complaint if you:
- use any of our services;
- feel you should be able to use our services; or
- are a carer, or you are acting on someone else's behalf.
if you are making a complaint on behalf of someone who uses our services, we will check that they have given you their permission to make the complaint.