Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice, visit our budget information page

Market stall trader application form

Traders may trade on a casual basis by completing this form. On confirmation of your application, casual traders need to book in each week before trading the following week. This must be done by midday on the Friday before the week you want to trade. You will need to confirm your intended trading days for the following week.

To complete this form you will need the documentation listed below. If you have a paper copy, you will need a photo/scan of each document to attach to your application.

You will need to attach copies of each of these documents to your online application. Each file should be smaller than 1mb in size to ensure successful submission.

  • Proof of address
    A bank statement, Council Tax bill or utility bill (e.g. energy, water, telephone - but not mobile) no more than 3 months old
  • National Insurance number
    This must be on official documentation, such as a wage slip or P60, National Insurance card, or letter from HMRC or DWP
  • Passport, Driving Licence or an approved Right to Work document
    European Union or overseas must be supported by a valid work visa
  • Public Liability insurance
    All traders must hold current Public Liability insurance with minimum cover £5million. This can be obtained through most insurance brokers or the National Market Traders Federation

Additional documentation required for catering applications:

  • Evidence of registration with Birmingham City Council's Environmental Health
  • Evidence of Waste Cooking Oil Disposal Contract (if applicable)
  • Evidence of Duty of Care Certificate (refuse disposal)

When you start to trade with us, you will need to show us the original documentation which you have submitted electronically with your application.

rating button