Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice, visit our budget information page

Report an abandoned vehicle

Vehicle status

You need to answer some initial questions about the vehicle.

First you should find out if the vehicle is taxed or not. This can be done very quickly and easily by checking on the DVLA website.

Check a vehicle’s tax status

If the vehicle is untaxed or SORN and parked on a public road, you can report it to the DVLA.

The DVLA is the only authority with the powers to remove untaxed vehicles from the public highway.

Report an untaxed/SORN vehicle to DVLA

rating button