Business Travel Network
The Birmingham Connected Business Travel Network provides a framework for the range of transport information, resources, services and activities that businesses and other organisations can access. This includes general advice around encouraging sustainable travel along with specific elements relating to road safety, air quality, freight and smarter working.
This service is a partnership between Birmingham City Council and Transport for West Midlands, supported by a number of others. It builds on the success of previous support to businesses through Company TravelWise and other sustainable transport programmes.
What is available?
The Business Travel Network is arranged around the following categories:
- Information – a range of factsheets, online content and regular email updates along with various travel maps and timetables.
- Travel Plans – a guided process for carrying out site audits, travel surveys and developing your own Sustainable Travel Action Plan.
- Support – guidance, toolkits and briefing documents along with help and advice from transport specialists on putting these into use.
- Events & Activities – ideas for things you can deliver to encourage walking, cycling and public transport, and details on who can provide these
- Offers & Incentives – details of any available discounts or taster tickets for public transport, as well as other equipment and resources.
- Legacy – help to develop a culture of sustainable travel through training for workplace champions, networking opportunities and accreditation.
The old Company TravelWise affiliation is now part of the Birmingham Connected Business Network. If you have a planning condition which requires you to sign up to Company TravelWise, please download the application form.