Right to Buy - buying your council home

Right to Buy allows most council tenants to buy their council home at a discount.

You can find out more about Right to Buy on the government’s website, including information on discounts, how to apply, and selling your home.

Our Home Sales Team can also offer free help and advice.

Get a Right to Buy application form (RTB1)

You need to fill in a form to apply to buy your council home. If you need help with the form, our Home Sales team will be happy to help.

To get a form, go to the government’s Right to Buy application form page to:

  • fill in the Right to Buy form in online, then print and sign it, or
  • download a blank application form to print and fill in by hand

We can also ask us post a form to you.

Free help and advice

Tenants don't always get good advice when they ask companies or other people for help with buying their council home.

Sometimes tenants pay a lot of money for things that the council will do for free. For example, you can get a Right to Buy application form for free and we can help you to complete it.

If a person or company offers to help you to buy your council home, find out what's in it for them. Talk to our Home Sales Team before agreeing to anything.