Safer, greener, healthier school travel
We’re encouraging all Birmingham schools to join a major effort to increase levels of walking, cycling and other forms of greener travel by registering with Modeshift STARS.
Modeshift STARS is a national award scheme which offers support and rewards to schools for taking steps to promote safer, greener, healthier travel. By participating in the Modeshift STARS scheme your school will be able to produce a new national standard School Travel Plan with an achievable action plan. You will receive support and guidance in order to achieve bronze, silver and gold accreditation. What’s more every Birmingham school can participate in Modeshift STARS for FREE.
What can you expect if your school registers with Modeshift STARS?
- Support in completing your application to gain Modeshift STARS accreditation
- Opportunity to attend Modeshift STARS celebration events
- Staff CPD training sessions covering themes such as road safety and clean air
- Access to road safety resources and workshops
- Bikeability training delivered through the Active Well Being Society
- Scootability training
- A FREE bike maths resource
- A series of FREE toolkits:
- School Keep Clear toolkit designed to tackle inconsiderate/illegal parking around the school, followed by enforcement
- Switch Off toolkit (coming soon!) enabling schools to take action and join us in tackling air pollution caused by idling vehicles
- 20mph toolkits designed to help spread the ‘Slower is Safer’ message
- Regular newsletters to keep you up to date with resources and campaigns such as Big Pedal, Walk to School Week, Bike Week, Road Safety Week and DfT THINK
- Option to apply for funding through the Young Active Travel Trust
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.