Tell me more about the programme
This year the government is providing up to £220m additional funding for Holiday Activities with Food programmes across English local authorities and in Birmingham we will be running the biggest programme in the country.
Birmingham Holiday Activities 2021 will seek to address holiday hunger, inactivity, isolation and learning loss, by children:
- Having access to safe, non-stigmatising places to go for positive activity
- Eating more healthily over the school holidays
- Spend time with friends and being more active during the school holidays
- Taking part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider education attainment
- Being safe and not to be socially isolated
- Being ready to return to school, college or to move on to work
- Supported with healthy recipes and cooking on a budget
- Be signposted and supported (where required) to early help/family local services
- Have the opportunity to continue participating in sport and physical activity beyond the holidays.