Ukraine crisis

As people around the world watch what’s happening in Ukraine, Birmingham’s communities are coming together to support international appeals and efforts to help those fleeing war. Details of how to offer support and where to find information and advice can be found on our City of Sanctuary webpage

What if i am not happy with my housing decision?

You can request a review of a decision relating to if:

  • You are eligible for an allocation of accommodation
  • You are a qualifying person

A request for a review can also be made if you are dissatisfied with how your case was assessed. This may include factors considered to determine reasonable preference; the type of property that can be allocated; and who can be considered as part of your household requiring to be rehoused with you.

Information on how we reached a decision on your case can be found in the review decision letter sent to you.

To find out more information on how the council allocate housing you can download the full housing allocation scheme document.
If you do not agree with the decision then you can request a review

Request a review

You must request a review within 21 days of receiving your decision letter.

An officer not involved in the original decision making process will review the decision and notify you of the outcome of the review within 56 days.  

There is no right to appeal the review decision although you can challenge it through judicial review.  You are likely to need legal advice if you want to consider this option.

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman can also be contacted to investigate a complaint relating to the council’s actions

rating button