Coronavirus (COVID-19):

Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. It’s important to stay cautious and help protect yourself and others. Please continue to follow national government advice.

Can I close the road?

We want to make it easy for you to hold these sorts of local events but we need your application form at least 6 weeks before the event so that we can check the suitability of your request. We also need to check whether there are any planned works for the road that would prevent the party from going ahead.

Permission would not normally be granted on main roads/bus routes.

Please discuss your event with local residents, businesses and Ward Councillors before applying for a road closure.  Any objections or disagreements must be resolved before we will approve a road closure.

How much will it cost?

There is currently no fee for the road closure notice. However, any costs related to providing signs, barriers or diversions would need to be met by the party organisers.

Complete our online enquiry form

Once we receive your enquiry, we'll contact you to discuss your request and tell you how to make a formal application.

What we do once your application is approved?

If your application is successful, we will:

  • let the emergency services know about the road closure
  • write a legal order for you to display on the street before your event
  • add your road closure details to our road closures directory
  • give you advice on how to manage traffic, if needed
  • provide terms and conditions for road closures
rating button