Can I close the road?
We want to make it easy for you to hold these sorts of local events.
Applications for The King's Coronation must be submitted by 21 April 2023. We will aim to respond to these requests in time for the event. Applications submitted after this date are unlikely to be approved.
We request application forms are submitted at least 6 weeks before the event. This will allow us time to check the suitability of your request.
Permission would not normally be granted on main roads or bus routes.
Before applying for a road closure, please discuss your event with local residents, businesses, and Ward Councillors. Any objections or disagreements must be resolved before we approve a road closure.
How much will it cost?
There is currently no fee for the road closure notice. However, any costs related to providing signs, barriers or diversions would need to be met by the party organisers.
Once we receive your enquiry, we'll contact you to discuss your request and tell you how to make a formal application.
What we do once your application is approved?
If your application is successful, we will:
- let the emergency services know about the road closure
- write a legal order for you to display on the street before your event
- add your road closure details to our road closures directory
- give you advice on how to manage traffic, if needed
- provide terms and conditions for road closures