Re-register a child's birth
A child’s birth can be re-registered to include up-to-date information if:
- the natural father’s details weren’t entered at the time of the original birth registration
- the child’s parents have married after the original birth registration.
We can only re-register children born in Birmingham or process re-registrations for children who live in Birmingham but were born elsewhere in England or Wales.
There’s no fee for the re-registration. If you need a new birth certificate the fee for each certificate is £11.
To apply for a re-registration, both parents should complete the relevant form(s) below and either send to the address on the form(s) or to Birmingham Register Office.
- The natural father’s details were not included on the original birth certificate
- The natural father is unable to visit Birmingham Register Office
- The natural parents have married or entered into a civil partnership since the child’s birth
Once your completed form(s) has been processed you will need to make an appointment to re-register your child’s birth at Birmingham Register Office.