Priorities for 2021 to 2022
Cllr Ian Ward, Leader of Birmingham City Council, writes on this year’s budget-setting process…
Heading in to the 2021 to 2o22 financial year, our priorities will remain the same as they underpin the city’s long-term prosperity:
- Birmingham is an entrepreneurial city to learn, work and invest in;
- Birmingham is an aspirational city to grow up in;
- Birmingham is a fulfilling city to age well in;
- Birmingham is a great, clean and green city to live in;
- Birmingham residents gain the maximum benefit from hosting the Commonwealth Games;
- Birmingham is a city that takes a leading role in tackling climate change.
That of course raises the question of “how” – how will we achieve against these priorities?
A new Delivery Plan, introduced in November 2020 sets out our priorities, actions and key commitments to May 2022.
The ambition is to make Birmingham a fair and thriving city where everyone has the opportunity to share in the city’s success.