Birmingham Audit Education
The Birmingham Audit traded service provides a high quality, professional, internal audit service to schools, academies and other educational settings in Birmingham.
The audit service can offer help in a range of areas, including:
- Internal controls, such as evaluating systems or resource use, and helping put in place internal control arrangements.
- Governance, such as reviewing the effectiveness of the Governing Body / Senior Management Team
- Risk management, such as making sure there’s an effective risk management process in place
- Advice, guidance and training in areas such as Schools Financial Value Standards, and detecting and preventing fraud.
- Audits, such as checking for compliance with safeguarding, service delivery and computer security standards.
In the case of academies, the Birmingham Audit service can also:
- Advise on compliance with the requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook
- Report periodically to relevant boards/committees on the effectiveness of control and governance arrangements
- Support or take on the Responsible Finance Officer, as needed
- Provide an annual report on the effectiveness of controls.
Work is charged for at a daily rate, with costs agreed on a job-by-job basis.
Latest updates and information are available in the Auditor to download.
A briefing note was issued to schools in November regarding changes to the school audit visit programme from 1 November 2016.