Help with managing my finances

If you find it difficult to manage your finances because of dementia, learning disability or mental illness, for example, and there’s no-one else who can do it for you, then we can help. We will do this by acting as an Appointee and/or a Court Deputy.

As Appointee (a person/organisation acting on behalf of a person to receive their state benefits from the Department for Work and Pensions) we'll arrange to receive your income from the Department of Work and Pensions.

If they have their own savings and/or own their own home, we will also apply to act at Court Deputy, which allows us to pay their bills, issue them with spending money and deal with any other matters relating to finance and property.

In both cases we will need medical evidence from a GP or Consultant to confirm that help is needed.

rating button