Scheduled maintenance

Our council tax, business rates and online benefits systems will be unavailable on Thursday 26 May 2022 between 6:30pm and 10pm. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Help with managing my finances

If you find it difficult to manage your finances and there is no-one who can do it for you, then we can help.

We can do this by acting as an Appointee and/or a Court Deputy.

As Appointee we'll arrange to receive your income from the Department of Work and Pensions.

We can also apply to act at Court Deputy if you have savings and/or own your own house.

Examples of reasons you may not be able to manage your finances

  • dementia,
  • learning disability,
  • mental illness.

What is an Appointee?

This is a person/organisation acting on your behalf to receive and manage your state benefits.

What is a Court Deputy?

Court Deputy allows us to:

  • pay your bills,
  • issue you with spending money,
  • deal with other matters relating to your finance and property.

In both cases we will need medical evidence from a GP or Consultant to confirm that you need help.

rating button