Birmingham's Scheduled Ancient Monuments
A Scheduled Ancient Monument is an archaeological site that is considered to be nationally important, and is included on a list of sites compiled by the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
Scheduled Ancient Monuments are protected by law. Any works must first receive Scheduled Monument Consent, which you can apply for from Historic England.
There are currently 13 Scheduled Ancient Monuments in the city.
Detailed Descriptions of each site are on the Historic England List.
- Sutton Park
- Woodlands Park Prehistoric Burnt Mounds
- Fox Hollies Prehistoric Burnt Mounds
- Moseley Bog Prehistoric Burnt Mounds
- Peddimore Hall
- Kent’s Moat
- Gannow Green Moat
- Kingstanding Mound
- Weoley Castle
- Birmingham’s Roman Fort (Metchley)
- Hawkesley Farm Moat
- Perry Bridge
- Guillotine Lock
- Also download our Guide to Archaeology and Ancient Monuments in Birmingham