Right to Buy - buying your council home
Right to Buy allows most council tenants to buy their council home at a discount.
You can find out more about on the Right to Buy website.
The Right to Buy service who will help you with:
- Finding out if you are eligible for the Right to Buy
- Working out your discount
- Looking at your funding choices
- Guidance about the costs involved and whether you can afford it long term
- Completing your application form
- Finding a solicitor
To get an application form to buy your council home contact the Right to Buy Service.
Completed application forms should be posted to the address at the bottom of this page.
Free help and advice
Tenants don't always get good advice when they ask companies or other people for help with buying their council home.
Sometimes tenants pay a lot of money for things that you can get for free.
If a person or company offers to help you to buy your council home, find out what's in it for them. Talk to the Right to Buy Service before agreeing to anything.