Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 23 July 2016 from 3.30 am to 1 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Birmingham in Bloom
The gardening competition for council tenants and leaseholders
Are you a dab hand with dahlias or top of the carrot crop - either on your own or with a community group? Tell us about your gardening efforts!
There are lots of great prizes on offer - with winners from each of the city's ten districts and overall citywide winners.
This year's prize categories
- Best kept garden (front or back garden)
- Best balcony, window box, hanging baskets or container
- Best vegetable patch, container or greenhouse
- Best communal garden
- Best young gardener
- Best newcomer gardener
Fill in the entry form below or pick up a copy from your local library or leisure centre and get it to us by the closing date - 12 August 2016, to be in with a chance of scooping a prize!
- All entrants must be a tenant or leaseholder of Birmingham City Council
- Only one application may be made per household
- Prizes shall be awarded at the discretion of the council and if it considers any entrant has acted inappropriately or dishonestly in entering the competition it reserves the right to refuse to award any prize
- Winners must be prepared to be photographed and these could be used in future marketing material
- If you have outstanding debts owing to Birmingham City Council, any prize money awarded will be used to help clear those debts
- Only one prize per tenancy address or leaseholder address
- Communal garden category is open to tenants and leaseholder in multi-storey blocks of flats and sheltered housing schemes, plus community gardens
- Any person who is 16 or under and lives at a council or leaseholder’s address can enter the 'Best young gardener' category. The garden must be maintained by the young person entering this category. (The entry can be in the form of either a container garden or a small area within a garden)
- Entrants for the 'Best newcomer gardener' category must be a first-time tenant or leaseholder in the last 12 months who has not entered the competition previously.