rating button
Application for Housing and Council Tax discretionary payments - Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

Application for Housing and Council Tax discretionary payments

This form is to be used to apply for Discretionary Housing Payments and Council Tax Discretionary Fund payments only.

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) & Council Tax Discretionary Fund payments (CTDF) are made from separate funds each with a limited budget. These funds support people who need extra help with their rent or council tax when housing benefit/local housing allowance/universal credit doesn’t cover the full amount.

These payments are awarded as a short term measure to help claimants in extremely difficult circumstances. It is strongly recommended that you seek support to achieve a long term solution.

All those wishing to claim should complete sections A and B. For help to pay your council tax please also complete section C and for those needing help to pay rent, please complete Section D.

If you are applying for both payments complete all sections of this form.

Please note: this is a long form which may take some time to complete - you are strongly advised to review the whole form in advance and note down your answers first before completing it online - the form will time-out after 30 mins of inactivity.

By submitting this form you agree to Birmingham City Council processing your data in accordance with our terms and conditions and privacy statement.