Trittiford Mill Park
Trittiford Mill Park, Priory Road, Yardley Wood, Birmingham B28 0TB
- How to get there and parking
Situated four miles to the south of Birmingham city centre. Entrances on Priory Road and Scribers Lane.
Car park off Priory Road.
Served by buses 3, 27 and 76.
Five minutes away from Trittiford Mill Park station
- About the park
With an inland reservoir fed by a mill stream as its main focus, Trittiford Mill Park is a conservation site rich in waterfowl and fish.
It was once home to Trittiford corn mill, which was converted to a rolling mill in the second half of the nineteenth century.
The grounds are family-friendly and popular with all ages.
- Video introduction
- Facilities at the park
- There are no toilets on site.
- Points of interest
The Millstream Way, a trail linking green areas in the Shire Country Park, passes through the site
- Other features
- The River Cole runs alongside the Pool and is linked to it at each end by weirs.
- An area at the Scribers Lane End is ideal for fish spawning.
- A variety of bird species nest on site
- Park friends group
- Parks friends group activities
- regular litter picks
- raising funds for improvements to the park from trusts, and local businesses
- protecting the diversity of the wildlife encouraging people of all ages to come and observe it