Business Travel Network
The Birmingham Connected Business Travel Network provides a framework for the range of transport information, resources, services and activities that businesses and other organisations can access. This includes general advice around encouraging sustainable travel along with specific elements relating to road safety, air quality, freight and smarter working.
This service is a partnership between Birmingham City Council and Transport for West Midlands, supported by a number of others.
What is available?
The Business Travel Network is arranged around the following categories:
- Information – a range of factsheets, online content and regular email updates along with various travel maps and timetables
- Travel Plans – a guided process for carrying out site audits, travel surveys and developing your own Sustainable Travel Action Plan using the Modeshift STARS online tool
- Support – partner sites to help workplaces encourage and enable greener travel or reduce the need for travel
- Events and activities – upcoming events, webinars and activities for you to take part in to help encourage walking cycling and public transport
- Offers and incentives – details of any available discounts or taster tickets for public transport, or possible funding opportunities
- Legacy – help to develop a culture of sustainable travel through training for workplace champions, networking opportunities and accreditation through Modeshift STARS
Email us if you would like to receive regular email updates from Birmingham Connected.