Budget consultation 2019+
Have your say
Our vision for the future of Birmingham is for a city of growth, in which every child, citizen and place matters – a great city to grow up and grow old in, where people are healthier, communities grow stronger, and decent housing provides a strong foundation in which to raise families and build careers.
We want to play a key role in turning this vision into reality, but we need to make big savings – because of the unprecedented financial challenges we face – as well as big plans. So we want to know if we’re making the right choices for you and your family.
The budget consultation launched on 13 November 2018 and ran until 31 December 2018.
The consultation has now concluded, thank you to everyone who contributed. The Cabinet and Full Council will consider the budget in February.
You can still read details of the proposals, and also read factsheets for individual directorates:
- Adult Social Care and Health - all proposals
- Children and Young People - all proposals
- Chief Executive and Assistant Chief Executive - all proposals
- Cross cutting - all proposals
- Economy - all proposals
- Finance and Governance - all proposals
- Human Resources - all proposals
- Place - all proposals
- Strategic Services - all proposals
- Budget Savings Proposal 2019-20 EIAs overview summary
Public meeting and webcasts
We held a public meeting on 19 December, and two webcasts with Cabinet Members which you can watch:
Please note, this is part of the corporate consultation and overall budget proposals.
Consultation with specific groups of service users will take place where appropriate.