Birmingham transport plan
The Birmingham Transport Plan 2031 describes what the city needs to do differently to meet the demands of the future.
The plan contains a set of principles that will guide investment in transport so that it is able to serve a future Birmingham that is home to more people and that is a better environment in which to live and work for everyone irrespective of age, disability or income.
These measures are designed to:
- Reduce transport’s damaging impact on the environment, supporting Birmingham’s commitment to becoming a carbon neutral city by 2030
- Eliminate road danger particularly in residential areas
- Connect people with new job and training opportunities
- Reconnect communities by prioritising people over cars
- Revitalise the city centre and local centres.
The Birmingham Transport Plan was adopted at cabinet on 12 October 2021