Western Road Junction - Phase 1
Western Road Junction Phase 1 Advance Works consist of highway improvements to the junction of Dudley Road and Western Road to provide a new access to the Soho Loop Development.
Figure 1: An aerial shot of Western Road Junction, Phase 1
The principal changes involve:
- Upgrading of the existing Western Road Junction to a 4-way signalised junction with pedestrian crossing phases.
- Realignment of the Dudley Road southern carriageway to allow for four standardised lane widths and a splitter island on east and west approaches to the junction.
- Modification to the Birmingham Treatment Centre access to conform with new highway alignment.
- Realignment of Western Road to allow for an additional turning lane onto Dudley Road.
- Upgrade of bus and pedestrian facilities and the introduction of a segregated cycle lane between Clissold Passage and Western Road.
- Associated utility diversion works as per the new highway alignment.
Phase 1 of Western Road Junction is now complete and open to road users.
Figure 2: Western Road segregated cycle lane
McPhillips (Wellington) Ltd
Out of hours contact: 01952 670440
Birmingham City Council site team
Out of hours emergencies (5pm to 9am, weekends and bank holidays): 0121 303 4149
General queries to: Transport.Projects@Birmingham.gov.uk