Birmingham in Bloom - Competition
The gardening competition for council tenants and leaseholders.
Is your garden ‘blooming marvellously’ this year?
Is your vegetable patch overflowing with carrots and courgettes?
Either on your own or as part of a community group why don’t you make your gardening efforts count by entering this year’s Birmingham in Bloom competition?
There are lots of great prizes on offer with winners chosen from each of the 10 constituencies as well as overall citywide winners.
New categories for 2017!
This year we are rewarding people who have a made a difference to their neighbourhood or community more than ever before. Here are the prize categories for 2017:
- Best front garden - Judged on impact, variety, design and special features design.
- Best balcony - Judged on visibility, colour, creativity
- Healthy start award - For home-grown produce such as a vegetable patch or allotment
- Community garden - Enter your street or community garden
- Cleaner/greener community award - An award for local tenants and leaseholders who have improved the appearance of their neighbourhood
- Young person / youth group achievement award - An award for people aged 18 or under who have made a positive contribution to their neighbourhood
- Helping hand award - For a tenant or leaseholder who has made a difference to the life of someone in their community, for example by helping with their garden, bin collection or shopping
The deadline for submissions for this year has now passed. Winners will be announced on this page in the Autumn.
Terms and conditions
- Winners will be photographed. Pictures may be used in future council marketing and on the website.
- Any monetary prizes awarded will be used to help clear any debts the winner owes to Birmingham City Council.
- Prizes shall be awarded at the discretion of the council and if it considers any entrant has acted inappropriately, the council reserves the right to refuse to award any prizes.
- Any personal information supplied on this form will be treated as confidential and under the Data Protection Act 1998. Information supplied will be used for no other purpose other than that stated. To view our full Privacy Notice please visit www.birmingham.gov.uk/privacy