Help alleviate the pressure on the IT&D Service Desk
As much as possible, it’s important to log technical requests and issues online, via the IT&D Portal instead of phoning. This will help to keep the volume of calls to the IT&D Service Desk as manageable as possible.
Follow the link below for guidance on how to access and use the IT&D Portal:
Before logging a query on the IT&D Portal please –
- check the information in the other sections of this online guidance below, as you may be experiencing one of the most commonly identified technical issues
- always try rebooting your device before reporting a technical issue as this will often resolve many of the problems you may be experiencing.
IT&D Service Desk
If it is essential for you to phone the IT&D Service Desk, you may find that the call quality is poor due to demand on the network. In these circumstances you will need to log onto Teams or Skype so that the IT&D Service Desk can contact you and continue dealing with your enquiry.
- Please ensure that you set passwords that you find easily memorable, as there is no technical way of remotely resetting forgotten passwords unless users are directly connected to the network.
- If the cached (stored)* password on your computer does not match your ADDM (Active Directory) Netmotion password, you will not be able to access the council network. The cache is a smaller and faster computer memory, which stores copies of data from frequently used main memory locations, enabling faster data retrieval.
- The password reset limit has been extended from 90 to 180 days and other restrictions that require a password reset at next login have been lifted.